How To Perform Local SEO Audit For Your Website
Till now, everyone has understood that SEO is an indispensable requirement for the survival of website over the internet. However, the phenomenon of localization in search optimization is relatively something new for the website owners.
It’s pretty simple; business needs to be recognized in the local market first before taping the opportunities in the global marketplace. Similarly, websites must target the local target audience through local search optimization to get a competitive advantage for driving organic traffic globally.
Nevertheless, no strategy of search optimization can work well without understanding the current position of the website in targeted search engines and overall health to meet user’s requirements. It can be done by auditing your the whole of your website for local searches.
If you aspire for targeting local or global users, you must understand that it’s not possible without website audits regularly.
Easy Ways to Audit Your Website for Local SEO #
Nevertheless, local rankings assist business websites to grow their online presence in the globalized world. A study conducted by Google to analyze local search behaviors indicates that around 50% of local visitors use the smartphone to get information about the store they visited on that day. Additionally, 34% of consumers used other smart devices to explore businesses operating in their locality.
Are you going to optimize your website for search engines? So, don’t consider website auditing as optional. It’s a compulsion! Let’s find the steps you can perform with the assistance of professionals for auditing of your business website:
Zero-Step Activity #
Before you get started with the auditing thing, it’s better to check for the given:
- Comprehensively check NAP on your website. It is the Name, Address and Phone numbers of your business.
- Further, consider the trends based on your location and geography.
- Dive into your on-site blog to understand strengths and weaknesses.
- Perform competitive analysis and critically analyze the data
First Step: Keyword Analysis #
It has been noticed that around 96% of marketing experts provide academic and informational content using SEM. No doubt, search engine marketing (SEM) is incredibly helpful in driving leads but, it is vital to understand targeted audience using keyword analysis.
Consider the given points for keyword analysis: #
- Use SEMrush to analyze the performance of your organic keywords
- Analyze search engine result pages for your targeted keyword to understand competition.
- Get into in-depth research for analyzing local intent regarding your products or services.
- Manually check your website source code for better placement of targeted keywords in Meta data and related sections.
- Focus on the ways to optimally use Geo-targeted and long tail keywords such as best SEO companies in Dubai, professional web design services UAE, etc.
Second Step: Google Business Search #
One of the most basic but essential task in website audit for local SEO is to check business visibility in Google to determine the optimization of your website. It simply means that if a person is located in UAE Dubai, he might be very interested in a restaurant near him instead of an eatery in Sharjah or other city.
For this, consider the following points for Google Business: #
- Check for business listing in Google My Business.
- Consider your business research with branded keywords.
- Check for a different business listing directory for the accuracy of information.
- Your business description must be concise and straightforward to let people understand.
- Avoid keyword stuffing in listing information, the company’s bio-data and detail.
- Track your business review critically because around 72% of users trust online customer feedback and comment.
No doubt, an effective SEO audit for local search can significantly help you uncover potential obstacles that pose a threat to higher rankings in Google.
Third Step: Website Content Analysis #
You have heard it every now and then- “content is the king”. It is 110% right. No SEO strategy can be successful without ensuring quality content on your website. Understand the gravity of this problem; Google actively penalizes sites that have duplicated or thin content.
In this regard, your website content should not only be unique but also offer an inspiring experience to the users. For this reason, the content audit is crucial for effective SEO.
Consider the given points for website content analysis: #
- Use SiteLiner.com for internal and CopyScape.com for external duplication of your website content.
- If your website has duplicates web pages, you must use canonicalization to set priority among the pages to be indexed by Google.
- Don’t go with the flow; users get irritated when they see the same content on a different website, come up with unique and innovative ideas.
Final Thought #
Summing up, localization of SEO helps the websites to attract users nearby the locality which makes the business more authentic products or services providers in targeted markets. In this way, Local SEO is the elan vital for companies as far as optimal ranking is concerned.
But, inspection or auditing of the website is a requirement that must be fulfilled before actually starting the process of organic optimization. However, it’s not a piece of well-backed delicious cake; instead, you must acquire best services of SEO company Dubai for a smooth backing process which means comprehensive website auditing and formulating website optimization strategy based on audit results.
No doubt, the aroma of local SEO is alluring when it comes to driving organic users but, don’t forget to audit the whole of your website first. Happy Auditing!